Sunday, November 21, 2010

DIY fabric flower

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Life has been busy, and I've been a little sickly, but I have still managed to fit in some time for some crafting :). I recently made a little flower out of ribbon for a decorative pillow in our living room, but our sweet loving super naughty puppy decided it would look better in his tummy than on the pillow. So I needed to make a new one because otherwise the pillow looks a little too plain for my taste. I had some extra fabric left from another project I did that I thought would look great with the pillow. I got out my glue gun and cut long strips of fabric approx 2 inches thick. I started by putting a strip of hot glue on the edge of the fabric and then I started twisting the fabric.

As I twisted the fabric, I also started wrapping it in circles starting in what would eventually be the center of the flower. I kept twisting, gluing, and wrapping until the flower was the size I wanted. I hot glued the fabric at the end underneath the flower to keep it looking neat :). Then I just hot glued the flower to the pillow.

Super easy. Today I saw another tutorial on how to make twisty flowers on here. I think her flowers will probably hold up better if you are going to use them as accessories. Some of you might be getting something similar for Christmas. As my husband says "it's tough economic times" :). Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. It is not enough to have the right bedroom storage ideas; it is not enough to have great looking furniture and wall decor. You need to have the perfect accessories to add to your storage space. If you want to get more interesting details about keyword, you may go here.

    ReplyDelete