Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Burlap lamps and friends.

While I was shopping (I mean looking:) in downtown Franklin one day, I noticed tons of burlap lamp shades.... and that just grew my burlap obsession to even greater depths. I don't think my husband thought that was possible :). So, I came home and decided to attempt to cover one of my lamp shades in burlap.

All I needed for this project was burlap, hot glue, scissors, and some fabric for the flower I made for the lamp.

 I just started at the top and glued the burlap to the inside of the lamp shade like this:



 Added a little flower for some flare.

And ended up with this.

 
I think I am going to spray paint the lamp post white as well. I think that will make the burlap stand out more. I'll post a picture when I finish that part.

Our friends Aaron, Kristen, and their sweet baby Noah came to visit us recenlty and we had a great time showing them around Nashville. Brian makes a great tour guide. We had the best time showing them some of our favorite places, and we are already looking forward to their next trip here! Here are a few pictures from their visit:







LLLL UUUU !! :) Loved having some Liberty alum in my home! Thanks for coming guys. Come again soon :).

No comments:

Post a Comment