I have eaten many oreo balls in my life, but I have never attempted to make them... until now. While I was making them I swore to myself I would never make them again, but then I did a few days later :). They are quite messy and very time consuming, but the end result makes it all worth while.
Here is the recipe.
Ingredients: 1 package of oreos, 8 oz package of cream cheese softened, package of vanilla almond bark (or you could use white chocolate bark or vanilla candy coating).
1. Crush the oreos. I had to get creative with this :). First I tried the blender but that didn't work very well. Then I put the oreos in a ziplock bag and got out my trusty hammer and went to town crushing those oreos.
2. Combine the oreos and cream cheese until the mixture is black and smooth.
3. Form balls out of the mixture and put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
4. Put them in the fridge for approximately 15 minutes
5. Melt the bark.
6. Dip the balls into the vanilla bark and place on parchment paper and refrigerate (I only put them in the fridge for 10 minutes before dipping them again)
7. Dip the balls a second time in the vanilla bark and place back in the fridge
Optional - Place in cute bags and give as Christmas gifts : )
I also made peppermint bark for Christmas gifts this year.
Ingredients: one bag of white chocolate chips and one bag of milk chocolate chips, candy canes
1. put parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
2. melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave.
3. pour the milk chocolate on parchment paper. smooth it out with a spatula so that it covers the cook sheet.
4. pour the white chocolate over the milk chocolate and smooth it out with a spatula to cover the milk chocolate
5. crush 4-5 candy canes (I used my hammer for these as well :)
6. spread out crushed candy cane over the chocolate
7. Place in fridge for at least 1-2 hours. Then break up the peppermint bark into small pieces and serve.
I sure am glad that I only eat/make oreo balls, peppermint bark and other yummy Christmas goodness during this time of the year.... otherwise my thighs would be the size of Montana. With that said, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
P.S. Some of these oreo balls might be in your hands in the very near future :).