Sunday, April 10, 2011

Life was busy... and then we went on vacation.

Sorry for not blogging much lately. Our lives have been a little bit hectic and then we were out of town for a week. My cell phone broke while we were in Florida, and we did not have internet access, so it was actually a really quiet, restful, technology free vacay. I loved every second of it. Our vacation consisted of lots of reading, pool time, beach visits, time with my sweet grandparents, shopping, more reading, sleeping.... and rest. It was nice. Very very nice.

The one thing I realized as we were driving back to our home, is that this place is actually starting to feel like home to me. It has taken a while, and it's been a little rough at times, but I am now truly thankful that God has placed us here. I'm thankful for the sweet friendships I have made. I'm thankful for the church He has placed us in. I know this is where we are supposed to be right now, and I'm looking forward for what is to come while we are here.

Speaking of being thankful.... my book club just read One Thousand Gifts: A dare to live fully right where you are by Ann Voskamp.
The perspective this book gives you is invaluable. Here is the description on Amazon: Just like you, Ann Voskamp hungers to live her one life well. Forget the bucket lists that have us escaping our everyday lives for exotic experiences. 'How,' Ann wondered, 'do we find joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama, and daily duties? What does the Christ-life really look like when your days are gritty, long---and sometimes even dark? How is God even here?' In One Thousand Gifts, Ann invites you to embrace everyday blessings and embark on the transformative spiritual discipline of chronicling God's gifts.

In the craziness of life, this book reminds you to slow down, fix your eyes on Christ, trust Him, and be thankful. Read the book. You'll definitely be challenged/convicted/blessed by it.

And here are a few pics from our vacation :)



1 comment:

  1. I adore this book... its a refreshing autumn wind, a cool drink on a summer day, absolutely inspiring and humbling to read. Its an experience that stays with you for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete