Tuesday, January 4, 2011

totally twine

I finally started taking down my Christmas decorations, and now my mantle looks very empty :(. So I made a few things to take the Christmas stuff's place until October... I mean December :). I had some left over twine from when I made this baby:
For this craft, I made some candle holders for the mantle using glass bottles, twine, and a hot glue gun. I just wrapped the twine around the bottle starting at the top and hot gluing as I went.
It was tedious but super easy. I made a little felt flower to put on the bottom of it to give it a little flare. Here's the final product:

I also used twine to make the decorative balls in the vase a while back. Same concept.... just hot glue and wrap the twine around the styrofoam ball.
I took a piece of burlap and hot glued it around a cylinder vase as well for the mantle.
A little hot glue and some twine, and the mantle is no longer looking so empty. P.S. since I had all the items at my house... this project technically cost $0 :).

No comments:

Post a Comment